I hope that you find this guide useful and that it assists you in reaching your fitness and health goals. Although it is usually better to prepare your own meals to fit your lifestyle, there are times when we have to dine out. Hopefully, you will be better equipped to make informed decisions on what foods you should eat when you are in that position. Remember that most foods at restaurants are processed, full of empty calories from preparation, and most will make you fat! Below are some tips on eating out, tips to help you avoid dining out, and some nice choices for when you do eat out.
Tips to Avoid Dining Out
-When you cook, prepare enough food for meals later in the week and keep them frozen. Carry them to work with you so that you always have meals available.
-Keep your home stocked with easy to prepare foods. This reduces the chance of you being caught off guard and going out for ?something easy?
-Use Meal Replacement bars and drinks
Tips To Remember When Dining Out
- Avoid dressings like oil and mayonnaise.
- Request that your food have no butter.
- Avoid cheeses.
- Avoid extra bread. Most of it is very fast absorbing and has a high chance of being stored as fat.
- Keep an eye on portion size.
- Be careful when choosing sides such as French fries or other fried foods.
- Avoid fried foods
- When in doubt, choose grilled chicken breast
- Drink water instead of soda. Soda has a ton of empty calories, and has a negative effect on blood sugar and insulin.
- Don?t think a salad is automatically lean. Most salad dressings are VERY fattening, as is cheese (and bacon bits). Choose the fat free versions of salad dressings.
- Make sure your chicken breast is boneless and skinless
To make this list, the foods have to be moderate in carbohydrates and protein, and relatively low in fat.
Mandarin Chicken Salad
Chicken Breast (no skin or breading)
-much better without gravy!
Burger King (www.burgerking.com)
Fire Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad (w/fat free honey mustard dressing)
Chicken Whopper (no mayo)
Taco Bell (www.tacobell.com)
Chicken Ranchero Taco (Fresno Style)
Pintos and Cheese
All 4 of these restaurants are very similar and often similar choices. Here are a few tips for eating at these restaurants.
- Avoid the cheese
- Don?t eat the large sandwiches (12", 14", etc.) in one sitting. Eat half and save the rest for later
- Avoid oils and mayo
- Avoid salad dressings
- Eat lean meats like turkey, ham, and roast beef. Avoid the steaks, bacon, salami, bologna, etc.
- Don't be fooled by "Atkins Friendly" foods. These are usually very high in fat.
- Try double turkey breast and double ham!
- Again, avoid sodas and fruit drinks. Water has zero calories!
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad (Newman?s Own Low Fat Vinegarette)
Taco Cabana (www.tacocabana.com)
Grilled Chicken White (No Skin)
Chicken Fajita Meat (white)
- Avoid the sour cream and cheese!
Grilled Chicken Sandwich (Special Request - small bun, no bun oil, w/MLT)
Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich
Char grilled Chicken Sandwich (no sauce, no bacon)
This article was written by: Meagan Rodriguez (Fitness Natural Athlete/Motivator)
Visit her website at: http://nu-ufitness.com
Would you like to add to this article? Add additional information here!
No Additional Information has been posted for this article yet.